Man sentenced for sexual offence involving 12-year-old B.C. girl

A 22-year-old man has been sentenced to a total of 690 days in jail after pleading guilty to multiple sexual offences, including ‘sexual interference’ with a 12-year-old View Royal schoolgirl.

Brodie Mollin was arrested for two incidents last year.

The first occurred April 19, 2025, when a female shopper at a Langford retail store reported being followed by Mollin, who was exposing his genitals while recording her with his phone.

Mollin was quickly located by police and arrested shortly after the report was made, notes an RCMP news release.

In July 2025, he pleaded guilty to an indecent act in a public place. For this, on May 12, the court sentenced him to 90 days in jail.

The second incident occurred Sept. 15, 2025, when a girl playing in the schoolyard at View Royal’s Eagle View Elementary was approached by Mollin. He exposed himself and touched the child in a sexual manner, said police, who noted the child was able to safely leave the area and was not physically injured.

Police arrested Mollin days later, Sept. 17, and he remained in custody until trial.

In October, Mollin entered guilty pleas to both sexual interference of a person under 16 and exposing genitals to a person under 16.

Including time spent in remand, Mollin was sentenced to a total of 600 days in jail, to be served consecutively to the 90 days for the April offence.

The court also imposed a number of ancillary orders, including a 10-year sexual offence prohibition order, prohibiting him from attending places where children may reasonably be expected to be present, such as public parks, swimming areas, daycare centres, school grounds and community centres.

He will also be placed on the National Sex Offender Registry for 20 years and has been banned from owning a firearm for 10 years.

“From the outset of this investigation, the West Shore RCMP worked hard to identify and apprehend the suspect as quickly as possible,” said a statement by Sgt. Kevin Shaw from the serious crime unit.

Shaw notes the investigation was a collaborative effort led by the special victims unit, with support from the serious crime unit, investigative support team and frontline officers.

“The collaborative efforts of all involved ensured a thorough and victim-centred investigation, while prioritizing community safety and support for those impacted,” he said. “Their dedication and professionalism helped bring this matter before the courts and hold the offender accountable.”

READ MORE: Man arrested in connection to sexual assault of child at View Royal schoolyard.